Grilled Pesto Pizza
By Patty Buskirk of Seeds by Design
- 6 Italian bred shells or 4 pita bread (6-inch diameter)
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4-6 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- ¾ cup yellow bell pepper, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese (6 oz.), shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat grill.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over each bread shell.
- Gently spread pesto over cream cheese.
- Top with tomatoes, bell pepper, and olive.
- Sprinkle with basil and cheeses.
- Cover and grill pizzas, 6-4 minutes or until crusts are crisps and vegetables are hot.
Sleeping Dog Tavern’s World Famous White Chili
- 48 oz. cooked or canned Great Northern Beans
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 roasted New Mexico Green Chiles (Anaheim), chopped
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ bunch chopped cilantro
- cups shredded white cheddar or jack cheese
- Heat oil in a large stockpot and sauté onions with garlic until translucent.
- Add spices and green chile, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Grill chicken, chop and add to pot with beans, chicken broth and water.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add cilantro and 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Simmer 5 more minutes.
Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro
Blue Corn Bread Sponge
By Martin Rios
- 6 eggs
- 3 ½ oz flour
- 2 oz. blue cornmeal
- 2 ½ oz. sugar
- 5 ½ oz. butter (melted)
- Pinch or green chile powder and salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a whipping canister and charge it twice.
- Release the mixture from the whipping canister into four oz. paper cups and microwave for 40 seconds.
- Keep warm.